Linggo, Agosto 28, 2011

CUGS Family Gathers

8th Reflection Paper for the EDAD 207 Class of Dr. Alonsabe

The orientation seminar and general assembly of the Capitol University Graduate School (CUGS) last 13 August 2011 was a successful and productive gathering of the CUGS family. It was successful in the sense that it was attended by the majority of the studentry. The university president, Atty. Juarez, gave an inspirational talk that graced the said occasion. His presence was highly appreciated as it connotes how he values the graduate students despite the very hectic schedule. The students were reminded by the president himself to contribute something to the existing knowledge by developing a study relevant to the needs of the society. Moreover, it was productive in the sense that the CUGS Student Body Organization was created. Each program had its own set of officers and automatically the president represented the group to the executive committee. I just learned that the CU-Graduate School offers eight (8) programs.

I appreciate the essence of the vision of the university. I may not memorize it in verbatim but the gist of the statement was that CU is a premier institution that produces globally competent and competitive students imbued with values. One student from the Doctor of Management Program gave a reaction that values is the very aspect that most professionals lack in the service. There have been a number of multi-awarded professionals in both the government and private sectors but they have been tainted with issues of mischief, corruption or the like. Furthermore, I am impressed with the presentation of the online library system through the internet. But the fact that Philippine online researches, journals or related literature could not be accessed by the said technology, it gives me an impression that the university failed to choose the best company for the academe. Dr. Colonia even gave negative reactions about this matter.

In my proposed thesis, I will give my best in order that my paper will be a helpful material for the teachers in my district and that I can help improve the delivery of quality education in my locality. I will be serious with my study and hope that my adviser can patiently guide me all the way through the completion of my book. Though the online library system of technology adopted by the school could not provide me all I need as I could not access the local materials (Philippine-based researches), I will try to access bits of information from the neighboring universities. I acknowledge such matter as part of the imperfection of the modern technology.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento